Wednesday 11 January 2012

WORDS - Amazing Mexican Sludge


WORDS 12" Cover Art

WORDS is a 3 Piece Crust Punk/Sludge Metal Band From Mexico

The members are:

CHAPU - Drums
MARCOS HASSAN - Guitar and Vocals
JAPONECIO - Bass
WORDS play a brutal blend of Crust Punk/Sludge Metal to brilliant and heavy pounding effect. The band have just released their superb S/T 12 inch release where you can download for free from BandCamp or from Mediafire.

WORDS contacted me via Facebook in early December 2011 and I stated I would check out their music and provide my opinion on.

Well I discovered that the guys would be releasing a new release in Dec 2011/Jan 2012 so I decided to hold back till then. And I am glad that I did. As they have added a few new tracks from the first release I checked them out from.

Their S/T release is an absolute blast of top-notch Crust Punk/Sludge Metal Riffs blended brilliantly together. Their S/T 12” release is 7 songs and runs for less than 20 mins or so.

This is another brilliant Crust Punk/Sludge Metal release that doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. Its actually the right length to show this bands talent for writing superb top-notch Sludge Metal riffs.

The riffs are played fast and furious and to precision at times as well. Some songs are only on for 2 mins or so but they still pack a hard hitting Sludge Metal punch. Especially on tracks like “When Civilisation is No Longer Enough” and “Liagonemerte”.

The release is superbly produced and performed from all concerned and showcases another brilliant band coming from Mexico. Another country becoming one of my fave countries for Sludge/Stoner Metal especially with top-notch bands such as Weedsnake, stone Front and Apocalipsis.

I hope to hear more from our Mexican brothers. But this is all about WORDS. And my word on WORDS is Absolutely Superb from a hugely talented band to keep an eye on.

Great Stuff guys and highly recommended.

Check out these brilliant Sludge Punks below.

Facebook
BandCamp