Wednesday 12 September 2012

THOT - The Fall Of The Water Towers Review


THOT are a Post Rock/Industrial Rock Band from Belgium.

The members are:

Grégoire Fray : Guitar/Vocal/Keyboard
Gil de Chevigné : Drums /Electronics
Hugues Peeters : Piano / Keyboards
Julien Forthomme : Bass guitar
Arielle Moens : Live visuals

THOT are a superb Post Rock Band blending Heavy Noise and Industrial Rock to stunning effect into their music. I featured these hugely talented rockers in Summer 2011 which confirmed me as a fan of this great band.

Back at the time they were not our usual Sludgelord material but they were one of the first superb Post-Rock Bands I posted here. Now we feature a lot of Post-Rock bands but THOT are still one of favourite bands of the genre.

Well the guys are back with their new EP – The Fall Of The Water Towers. A 6 song collection of soothing ambient driven post rock tracks. It runs little under 25 minutes but still packs a highly emotional punch.

THOT emailed 50 people to hear this release first before it’s released on their BandCamp page and I was one of those lucky people to check it out.

And I must thank them for sending me a copy. As I loved every minute of it. THOT prove once again they are a great band to contend with.

The way they match the cool subtle Ambient Effects against the more chaotic Post-Rock is truly a joy to listen to. Especially on great tracks such as – EndlessTowers, Grueenn (which features Colin H van Eeckhout from Amen Ra and Kingdom) and my fave track – The Parade Of The Trees.

I will be honest I did miss the loud heavy industrial post-rock THOT are known for but it’s great to see a band showing their more softer and reflective side. Though the release does have some wonderful haunting piano work. Probably some of the best piano work I have heard this year.

The Fall Of The Water Towers is beautifully produced and put together which should appeal to their ever expanding fanbase.

THOT will be giving The Fall Of The Water Towers for free on BandCamp in the next couple of weeks and I recommend you all check it out when it’s officially released.

A great release from one of my fave Post-Rock Bands. I can’t wait for the new full length record.

If you want a Physical Release of this excellent EP check this link here. Quite impressive.

Highly Recommended.

Check This Great Band from the links below.

Official Website