Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Sludgelord News: SOURVEIN Begin Tracking New Full-Length; Guest Collaboration With Amebix's "Stig" Miller Confirmed

Long-running Cape Fear sludge saviors, SOURVEIN, are currently holed-up at SSP Studio in Raleigh, North Carolina with Corrosion Of Conformity bassist/vocalist Mike Dean at the recording helm tracking their forthcoming new full-length, Aquatic Occult. Slated for release later this year via Metal Blade Records, the long player will include a two-track collaboration between SOURVEIN mainman, Troy "T-Roy" Medlin, and guitarist "Stig" Miller of UK crust punk icons Amebix. Further details to be revealed in the weeks to come.

SOURVEIN has existed through two decades of distortion, damage and relentless doom, their resin-coated carnage made of toxic riffs, grooves and just the right amount of psychedelic appeal. In properly commemorating the release as well as chronicling twenty often-times tumultuous years as a band, Medlin was recently interviewed by friend and fellow musician, Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God, who penned the band's new biography. The text will serve as a thorough SOURVEIN introduction for the uninitiated.

"Finally, man. Finally," T-Roy relays in an excerpt from the text. "It's the record I wanted to make when I was in those rooming houses, but I couldn't. There was too much pain, so I got lost for bit, falling back into the party life and trying to numb myself with alcohol. But motherfuckers need to feel the pain. There is more to life than numbing yourself.Is that what Aquatic Occult will be about, bringing the pain? "I'm going to bring the truth. The lyrics are reality to me; I don't write about cars or chicks or fucking horror movies, I write about getting my nose fucking broken, all the stuff I saw growing up and now. But I want it to be positive, to let people know that there is a way out of bad times and tough situations. I'm living proof."  

Stay tuned for further SOURVEIN transmissions including studio updates and live actions.

For more information:  


Source: Earsplit PR