Monday 17 June 2013

Rotorvator - I Vivi E I Morti - Review


I Vivi E I Morti cover art 

RotorVator is an Industrial/Electronic/Black-Metal Band from Italy.

I am a huge fan of these demented sonic noise terrorists. Ever since I reviewed their excellent EP - Heaven - back in March 2012.

Their blend of industrial/electronic tinged Black Metal has the power to give you nightmares for the rest of your life. Well 15 months later the guys are back with their brilliant and terrifying debut album - I Vivi E I Morti - A 7 song and 35 minutes of brutal industrial based riffage.

The band are now signed to Crucial Blast Records and it's the perfect marriage made in hell. An edgy well respected underground label matched with these dark overlords of noise.

First track - Ad Sanctos - is a nightmarish journey of noises, synths and demented vocals all portraying a world you don't want to be a part of. Imagine Hellraiser meets Nine Inch Nails and that should tell you the horror and brutality in what to expect. But it's a fucking blast from start to finish.

Over the course of the remaining 6 tracks there are layers of distorted noises for you to crawl through. It will be a perilous journey as your soul will be eaten by this dark band of mercenaries. Tracks such as Domnica, L'Eternita and I Morti have the power to drive you to the edge of madness.

Rotorvator never let up with the darkness running through their cold veins. They are one of the most relentless bands I have came across this year and the album is the more better for it. It's a dark and unforgiving work in extreme metal and it's one of the best Black Metal debut records I have heard in years.

The way the band blend different genres into something wholly original just needs to be listened to as loud as you can. Doom, Ambient, Death Metal, Black Metal, Industrial and Electronics all play an equal part in scaring the fuck out of you. And it's a triumph on every level.

I Vivi E I Morti can be classed as a work of art at times. There aren't many albums like this around and it gives the album a distinct edge.

All I can say is WOW. You need to buy this album now. It's seriously that fucking great!!!

Excellent and Highly Recommended.

Thanks for the guys for sending me a copy to review.

I Vivi E I Morti is now available to buy via Crucial Blast Records now on BandCamp.

Check These Guys Below:

Blogspot
BandCamp